Veggie Fresh Rolls
Fresh Spring Rolls with Peanut sauce
- 5 rice paper spring roll wrappers
- Firm tofu about 8 ounces
- ½ carrot grated
- ½ red pepper julienned
- ½ green pepper julienned
- ½ cup cooked rice vermicelli noodles, cooked according to package directions
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Finely chopped ginger or grated (1 tbsp)
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- F irst strain and dry the tofu well. Then saute some onions in a non stick pan till light brown, add the tofu and saute with ½ spoon soy sauce and ½ spoon vinegar.
- When tofu is dry and firm, transfer it to a cutting board and let it cool. Chop into small pieces or crumble.
- In a bowl mix all the vegetables, noodles and tofu.
- Obtain a separate large bowl with 3-4 cups of water. Dip the rice paper in the bowl to cover it entirely for 4 to 5 seconds. Take it out, while still firm and place on a smooth cutting board.
- Place one dampened wrapper on the cutting board. Add some sesame seeds on the wet rice paper. Place a tbsp of vegetable filling on it. Fold the bottom up over the filling. Fold each the right and left sides over the filling.
- Gently roll the end with the filling over to tightly seal the spring roll. The wrapper is self-sealing so will stick to itself.
- Sauce: Add 3 tablespoons of peanut butter in a bow. Add 2 tablespoons of sweet and sour sauce and 1 teaspoon of soy sauce. MIx well and serve!