Rajma (bean soup)
Rajma or Kidney Bean Curry or Soup
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Half cup finely shopped cilantro
- Turn on instant pot on saute mode. Add cummin seeds and onions. Then add ginger garlic paste, After couple of minutes add the tomatoes.
- When it turns soft add all the spices and 2 and half cups of water. Add the kidney beans and cook on bean mode, When it is done, let the steam release on its own. Add cilantro and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with onions and lime.