Egg Masala with Pilaf
Egg Masala with Rice Pilaf
- 6 hard boiled Eggs
- One and Half onions finely chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped fine and microwaved for 3 minutes
- Grated ginger and garlic ...2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon uradh dhal
- 1/2 teaspoon asafotida or hinge
- curry leaves about 5
- coriander leaves
- In non stick pan heat 2 teaspoons olive oil Add some cumin seeds, uradh dhal and hinge.
- When the seeds splutter, add the chopped onions. When they turn brown add the ginger garlic and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the microwaved tomatoes and the spices anf fry well on medium flame. Do not add water.
- Saute this mixture well till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Slowly add the cooled boiled eggs and fry well for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Decorate with coriander leaves.