Crispy eggplant sandwich
Crispy Sliced Eggplants
- 1 large eggplant sliced ¼ inch
- ½ tsp. Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. Coriander powder
- ½ tsp. Cumin powder
- ½ tsp. Chilli powder
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp. Wheat flour
- Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning-
- Olive oil
- Make a paste of turmeric powder, chilli, coriander and cumin powder. Add lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Rub this over both sides of the eggplant slices and leave for at least an hour.
- In a soup plate make a paste of whole wheat flour, italian seasoning, salt and 1 tbsp of water. This mixture should be pasty but not wet. In a second bowl add a cup of panko breadcrumbs.
- Dip each side of the eggplant slices into the first bowl and then coat both sides of the eggplant in the second bowl which is filled with the breadcrumbs. This will make the eggplant crunchy!
- Add a few teaspoons of olive oil on a grill pan, and when it gets hot add the slices of eggplant. Cook on low flame for about 20 to 25 minutes, turning the slices over every 5 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish with marinara sauce for dipping, or make into a sandwich topped with lettuce, onions, tomato and cucumber.