Homemade Broccoli Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 4 cups broccoli chopped
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- In small pan melt 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil and butter. Add in 2 tablespoons flour and stir till light brown. Add in half cup of milk and cook well- stirring all the time, till you get a smooth sauce. Keep this aside.
- In a large saucepan add 1 1/2 cups water, broccoli, onion, garlic, and tomato till well cooked approximately 5 minutes. Keep aside a couple of florets for garnish
- Place this mixture in a blender and blend on high until liquid consistency
- Then combine the sauce and puree together and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with cheese, pepper and garnish with small pieces of broccoli.