Mushroom, Broccoli, Tomato Toast
- Shiitake Mushrooms (washed, dried well) about 12 chopped lengthwise
- ½ onion finely chopped
- ½ cup broccoli finely chopped and steamed
- 1 small tomato seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- Make a mix of 1 tsp. flour, ¼ tsp. butter,¼ cup milk
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Whole Grain Bread sliced and toasted
- In a pan add olive oil. When the pan becomes warm add the onions and saute until it turns golden brown.
- Now add the mushrooms and stir fry for at least 5 minutes, or till it looks cooked and is firm.
- Add the broccoli and tomato and stir for one minute.
- In a separate small pan heat the flour, butter, and milk stirring all the time for about 2 minutes. Add to the mushroom mix and stir for one minute.
- Finally add chopped parsley.
- Heap mixture onto toasted bread and serve.