Spinach Yogurt Dip (great with tomato rice)
- 2 cups spinach finely chopped
- ¼ onion chopped finely
- 6 pods garlic finely chopped
- ½ serrano pepper grated or finely chopped
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp uradh dhal
- 5 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt
- In a pan add ½ tbsp. olive oil. Saute the spinach well for about 3 to 4 minutes with some 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Whisk the yogurt in a bowl. Add the spinach and finely chopped serrano pepper and onions to the bowl
- In the same pan add the other ½ tbsp. of oil now add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, uradh dhal, garlic and curry leaves to this pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes until the seeds pop and splutter.
- When the garlic turns golden brown add this seasoning to the whisked yogurt and spinach